The MIT Radio Society’s Radio Exam Team offers amateur radio exams on the penultimate (second-to-last) Wednesday of each month throughout the year. The sessions start at 7:30pm in Room 1-150 (there are usually signs posted).
This is the place to earn a new license or upgrade your existing license. Technician through Extra Class tests are offered.
Preregistration is not required.
You will need to bring:
- Two forms of ID, at least one must be a photo ID
- Certificate(s) of Completion, and photocopies of same,
for any elements for which you’re claiming prior exam credit
- Your license (if you’re already a ham), and a photocopy of same
- Your Social Security number or FRN. To obtain an FRN via the
FCC ULS system, visit www.fcc.gov and select
“Universal Licensing System (ULS)” item from the bar on
the right side of the page.
- The exam fee in cash (currently $14 as of 1/1/2005)
- Writing instruments
- A calculator if you need one
All necessary forms are provided at the exam session.
For more information, call (617) 253-3776 during business hours. If you can’t make one of our dates, you can check out the ARRL Exam Session List for information on other exam venues.
(UPDATE: New Question Pools for the GMDSS and Telegraph Operators Licenses have been released and will be used in all exams given after June 9th 2013 )
We offer exams for all classes of FCC commercial radio
operator’s licenses at the same time and place.